Change entrepreneurs’ lives for the better, join our team of Community Leaders
Whether you are looking to build a startup community in your local city, or interested in developing as an entrepreneur yourself, organizing is a great way to get involved in the startup community. Here are a few reasons our organizers decide to get involved:
- Play a vital role in building startup culture and creating impact in your community.
- Join a family of over 1,000 passionate, capable, and connected Organizers around the world.
- Meet amazing people.
- Potential to travel around the world as a Startup Weekend Certified Facilitator.
- Potential to attend one of our Organizer’s Summit.
Do you want to organise a Startup Weekend in your city?
Organizing a successful Startup Weekend event is no simple feat; it requires a serious commitment of time and energy over a period of many months. As an Organizer, you are responsible for nearly all aspects of putting together a great event, including:
- Building an organizing team – Learn how with our Guide to Forming an Organizing Team (en)
- Choosing a date and suitable venue to host the event
- Reaching out to speakers, coaches, and judges
- Promoting the event to the community
- Sourcing local sponsorships to help cover event costs and managing the event budget
- Managing food, drink, and supplies for the event
These rules help us deliver on our mission and ensure your event is set up for success! All organizers are expected to read and abide by these rules while organizing.
When you’re ready, fill out the Event Application. Please answer each field to the best of your ability, as your answers will in large part determine whether or not your Application is accepted. Once completed, our team will be in touch.
Questions? Send an email to china[at]startupweekend.org